Can you believe that it is already summer?
Are you trying to keep your kids happy and not bored during the next two months? Do you want some alternatives to the expensive summer vacation? We feel your pain in CFBISD.
In this article we have created a list of 22 ways to have fun during the summer without breaking the bank. You can enjoy most of these ideas for free, as well as not be in the car for hours on end.
Here is our staff’s list of 22 cheap ways to have fun during the summer without breaking the bank:
- Watch the Planes Land at a Local Airport
- Plant Flowers on Your Front Porch or Backyard
- Bug Exploration Around Your Neighborhood or Apartment Complex
- Plan a Neighborhood Talent Show
- Roast Marshmallows (Be Careful)
- Outdoor Treasure Hunt Using Coins or Small Toys
- Star Gazing Party with Friends
- Campout Slumber Party in the Backyard
- Volunteer at a Local Charity
- Blanket Forts in Bedrooms
- Make Homemade Cards for a Local Nursing Home
- Act Out Scenes from Your Favorite Movies
- Explore Local Walking Trails (Family Fun Hike)
- Weekly Neighborhood Storytime
- Free Tours of Awesome Places (Ex. Fire Station)
- Neighborhood Field Day
- Make homemade Popsicle’s from Your Favorite Juices
- Create Mini-Movies with Your Smartphone
- Gameboard Night
- Contact Local Schools or Churches for Open Gyms
- Creative Cardboard Box Building (Free from local Supermarkets)
- Neighborhood Can Food Scavenger Hunts for Food Pantry
The above list is just a few ideas to have fun this summer with your children. If you want more ideas, check-out our list from last year:
Do you have other ideas for our list? Add them to the comment section below.
Have a great summer.
List compiled by Jason Wheeler