Has your child thought about attending a community college? Are you looking for an outstanding college education at lower prices than a traditional university? Have you researched the benefits of attending a community college?
A four-year, traditional college or university is not for all students. Not only are community colleges affordable, but they offer students a more convenient lifestyle in some cases. There are major benefits of attending a community college for your child.
Community College Experts Discuss Benefits
In this video, CFBISD speaks with community college experts and learns about the benefits of attending a community college in your area.
Important Community College Topics in this Video Include:
- Community College offers opportunities to earn a certificate or degree. Students can take classes before transferring to a four-year university, but would either of you like to describe three programs every student should know Community Colleges offer and why it should be an option?
- What do you say to parents who think that Community Colleges do not provide the same education level as four-year universities?
- What dual credit programs are, how are they beneficial, and how they ease the transition into post-secondary options like Community College?
- What do you see as something unique that only Community Colleges offer that you have not seen anywhere else?
- Please share your understanding of the Dallas County Promise or Rising Star scholarship program.
- Any advice for parents on where to start their journey when supporting their child’s post-secondary educational career?
Where to Get More Information About Community College
If you have questions about community college for your child or college questions in general, please visit the College, Career and Military Readiness webpage for more information.